Wednesday, August 29, 2007

2 month shots and Dr. appt


Before the shots!!
After the shots. She didn't cry very long. She's a strong girl!!

So, we had the dreaded 2 month Dr. appt and shots today. Everything went pretty smoothly considering all the issues covered. Since she hasn't had a thourough check up since about 1 week old there was alot to be said. She is 11lbs and 11 oz. and in the 75th percentile with height, weight and head circumfrence. That means feedings are good and she's growing good. (yeah me!! ) The Dr. found it appalling that she isn't sleeping through the night and I told him she wakes up every 3 hours. He suggested the Baby Wise method and we're going to start it tonight. So I'll probably be getting less sleep before I get more.
He heard a murmur in her heart again so this time we're being sent to get an echocardiogram done to see whats going on. They said this is common among babies and its not a big concern. Also, he heard a "clicking" noise in her left hip when moving it so we'll have to monitor that.
He switched us to no lactose formula to reduce gassiness and fussiness with formula feedings. So far thats going pretty good. I'm still trying to breastfeed most of the time though. (as long as I can). The shots went well. She's a little fussy and more sleepy though. I'll give more updates later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That face that she is making in the second picture is so adorable!!!

Who do people say she looks like? She's adorable but I cant really say she looks like either one of you!!