Sunday, December 30, 2007

Teething

You can see her bottom two teeth now when she smiles really big and thats pretty often nowdays. Now, if I can get her to open her mouth that wide when she eats.
I found this slinky in my stocking left over from last year. Its one of her favorite toys nowdays. Its funny that we offer all these light up and interactive toys and she is amused for 30 miuntes by a slinky. Whatever works huh :)



These days there is a war when trying to eat baby food. I think that the spoon hurts her tooth when eating the food and she REFUSES to open her mouth. Any advice on this will be greatly apprectiated, but for now there is a great war when trying to feed her this past week. I haven't given in and stopped feeding her baby food yet, but I'm tempted for now. I don't think thats the answer though. I know that she likes the food, but maybe associates the spoon with pain now days. I've even tried oragel before we feed and feeding her formula with the spoon so that she'll eat off the spoon, b/c she's all about her bottle nowdays after crying during our 20 minute feeding session. Its very frustrating. HELP!!
Not feeling so happy. This was when we were coming back home from Monroe. Aunt Cathy spiked up her hair when she babysat the night before.


We have the teething blues around our house lately. Kayla cut her first tooth on the bottom right and the bottom left one is right behind it this past week over the Christmas break. It made for some fussy times and still really frustrating feeding sessions. I feel really sorry for her b/c I know it has to be painful. We're trying to soothe it with some baby oragel PRN and the teething tablets. I heard about these from my sister this week and she says that everyone swears by them. The tablets work pretty good to soothe the fussiness. She really wants to chew on everything and loves her pacifier!!

1 comment:

Joy said...

I'm really not a pro at this, and Oliver didn't not want to eat when he was teething, but I can say this: it will probably only be a short little phase that she goes through. So if you have to skip a few solid-food feedings and do more bottles, I think that would be okay. She should get back into the swing of things in a few days or so and things will be back to normal.

I'm glad you had such a fun Christmas with her! The pictures are great.

Love, Joy