Thursday, March 6, 2008

Eating finger foods


"Yum, Yum... this is A-OK food!!! I like feeding myself!!"
She is serious about her food and shoves it in her mouth.
Dinner time is fun nowdays with Kayla feeding herself. She doesn't choke on them. Dr. was pretty worried about this and wanted to make sure that she is monitored. I assured him that she is.
Scary spagetti baby


The latest developmental leap that we have taken is the world of Kayla feeding herself. I think that this has been the issue for these two months that I've been stressing over what to feed her. The girl just wants some texture and to feed herself. When I try to feed her baby food, she just wants to grab for anything in sight, so I saw that as a sign to have her feed herself. The problem is, she doesn't have the teeth to east just anything. I've started with pieces of bread and she loves those. Also ventured out to bannanas and maybe pieces of cheese next. Anything that she can gum and will disolve in her mouth. I'm also feeding 3rd foods in between the bites she feeds herself. It was Spagetti in these pictures. She's not too keen on it, but she can't get full off of bites of bread and bannana. (given she only gets about 1/2 of them in her mouth.) Dinner time is alot happier nowdays. :)

1 comment:

Joy said...

Yay for happy dinners! I'm glad you've found something that works. Kayla is just so cute :)