Thursday, April 17, 2008

10 months old!!

Our little baby is growing up so fast! 10 months sounds so old to me. She is the cutest and happiest she has ever been though and amazing us everyday. She wants to pull up on everything nowdays and explore the whole house. I'll show pictures later of Kayla and Buddy playing together too. They have fun chasing each other around the house. She's not as fast as he is though.


She is eating a lot better nowdays. Here, she is trying to eat the cedar chips in our newly redone landscape. I was trying to keep her from doing it and take a picture at the same time. I don't know if that is promoting it or not. Anyway, she is eating a lot more baby food. Not too keen on the 3rd foods, but would prefer to have finger foods, so I'm trying to offer a variety. She is now eating whole wheat bread, bananas, diced carrots, sweet peas, cheerios, and cheese. I'm working on a more variety. I've tried strawberries, but she didn't like them too much. She's not too keen on really sweet things. My next feat is the sippy cup. I am open to any advice on how to get them to take a sippy cup that you might have. I've offered a handful of times and she just plays with it. I guess I've not been consistent. One thing at a time though. She just got over another ear infection. I'm wondering if ear tubes are in our future. I'm thinking of going to the ENT Dr. if and when she gets another one. Other than that, she's doing great and is a happy little baby.
This past weekend was one of the few weekends I didn't have plans but to have fun with Kayla and preferably outside. Well, mother nature had a different plan to make it in the 40s the whole weekend. On Sunday, I was determined to get out of the house, so we bundled up everyone and went to the local park. It was really sad, b/c we had to wake Kayla up when we got there to play on the playground equiptment. She liked the swings and the slide, but it was really cold and we stayed about 5 minutes. Maybe we'll have a better experience next time.


Bundled up in April!!
She has been walking a lot more lately. She loves to walk with her "walker", but still doesn't go very straight. Its exciting to see her walk by herself!!

1 comment:

Sarah. said...

Have you tried different kinds of sippy cups? Alex hated the first one we had and wouldn't drink from it. But I tried a few different kinds until I found one that he liked and he drank from it right away. He has never looked back since! Anyhoo, if you haven't already, I would give that a try. Good luck!