Monday, April 28, 2008

Sick but Happy

Kayla's crawling all over the house and getting into all the cabinets, under rugs and into every room. We like to "chase" her around the house and she gets really excited and tries to speed up when we crawl around behind her and try to "get" her. She's having so much fun playing with Buddy too. Here are some pictures of them interacting.
Kayla's saying "da-da" now after about 6 months of Chad desperately trying to get her to say it. Its really cute the way she looks when she says it and how she says it.
She's been really happy lately and fun to entertain.

Last week it was really challenging for me to entertain her b/c I was pretty sick feeling all week. I worked all of 1 1/2 days b/c I had a stomach virus and flu like symptoms through Friday morning. It was not fun b/c I didn't feel like doing anything. I layed on the couch a lot. Kayla had diarreah Monday too and even threw up Monday evening. Dr said it could be a stomach bug for her too and that I would probably get over it sooner than she did. That wasn't the case though. She was better by Tuesday evening. We both stayed home Tuesday and ate our bannanas and plenty of fluids. I went back to work Wednesday but was really tired and sick feeling that evening. The next morning I threw up but still went to work. They sent me home by 10:30 that day to recoup. I was able to clean the house enough to have it presentable for my in-laws to come in town Thursday. Friday was my day off anyway b/c we had a garage sale. We did pretty good and got rid of some stuff. I felt 100% better Friday evening when I had my only big meal of the week. We had a really nice time with Nan and Papaw this weekend and they had fun playing with Kayla. Now Chad is getting sick. (he was great to take care of me!!) Guess it all goes around when your living together.
This is the one and only time Kayla took her sippy cup. After this, she just thinks the cup is a game and gets upset if you offer it other than the bottle. I guess I could be more consistent with it. I'm also trying to get her to eat her vegetables. She loves finger foods and prefers them to any baby food. I'm trying to offer them first and she lets me know she doesn't want them by yelling alot during feeding time. I can't wait till she can tell me what she wants rather than just yelling.

No comments: