Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Cereal War

What the heck is this stuff???!!

She's warming up to the idea. Sh'e messy though!

We've now taught her how to feed herself!! :) She like to hold the spoon. I guess that means she likes it.

On Kayla's 4 month birthday, we started to introduce rice cereal to her diet. She protested greatly and quickly told us that she would not have any part of it. At first, I just made a little bit (what the package told me to do) and fed her the cereal and the bottle. Alternating the bottle and cereal to calm her down, but still get some cereal down her. I was really tempted to feed it to her through the bottle, but quickly learned that you have to have the special nipple to do that. Since then, I've gotten alot of advice in relation to the cereal eating event, from family, friends, coworkers, and our doctor. He said to just be gradual and have fun with it. So, since then, thats what we've been doing. I just give it when its convenient for us and she's in a good mood at home. Someone told me to do it about an hour after her normal bottle feeding time so she's not crying for food, but still could eat. That seems to work out great! She'll now eat 1 oz of cereal in about 5-10 minutes and will let me know when she's done. As you can see from the pictures, she's still messy, but cute with it. They are even trying it at the daycare.

No comments: