Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Food and Fun

She's so silly!!!
Chocolate smile!! CHEESE!!


Kayla helped me make brownies on Saturday too. She loved licking the spoon as mama showed her. I gotta teach her right. I created a monster though. It was pretty difficult explaning to her that we couldn't eat it all and that we had to bake some of the brownie mix.










This is Kayla's first meal in her new booster seat at the big table. She was beginning to not like her high chair and was really out growing it, so on her nap time this past Saturday I got her a booster seat. She eats better hear, but eating is becoming a challenge nowdays. The doctor told me not to force the food and that they are "binge" eaters at this age. This means that she will eat one day and then eat nothing the next day. Its just normal. Thing is that she grazes a lot on snacks and I don't want her to just eat snacks and not her meals. I sound like my mom. A lot of time outs lately are the result of crying and whining b/c she can't have a snack or the food that she wants. Its frustrating on both sides. I can pretty much just threaten "time out" and she'll settle down now. Meanwhile we're learning lessons on eating at 2. Please give advise if you can offer.






"Do I have something on my face?"






Love the cupcake. She did a pretty good number on this one much like her own birthday cake last year. I can't believe all these babies are turning 2.















Cute pizza eating with the birthday hat.






















She warmed up pretty quick though and had a blast!! It was fun to see her play.









Kayla went to a birthday party recently and had a lot of fun after getting aquanted. This is her being a little skiddish at first and not knowing what to think of all the people and play things at Gymboree.













Loving some butter!!













So, we went out to eat at the Dixie Cafe a couple of weeks back. Its a cute country cooking restaurant. Of course they bring out bread and butter, well Kayla discovered the butter. She instisted on reaching in with her finger and licking the butter. We couldn't bear to watch, but did take pictures of the gross event. It was quite humerous, but unbearable to watch her lick butter. I try to feed her healthy foods and she chooses a lump of butter.













1 comment:

Jaime Mitchell said...

Ok. butter. gag... but yes, very cute! Don't introduce her to honey butter she may really go crazy!